Thursday, January 28, 2010

Results!

I added Marisa's new goal "lower voice" to her daily goal chart and placed her chart on the kitchen table where it would be the first thing she would see when she came home from school. Normally, Marisa keeps her chart on her desk in her room, but I wanted to be there to explain the new goal to her when she first spotted it out of it's usual place.

Sure enough, when she entered the door and placed her things down on her chair, she saw the "lower voice" goal which was deliberately printed in a different color. I then explained the purpose of the goal. Marisa's response was, "I don't want to do it!" I said, "Don't you think it's worth an extra point?" and she said, "No, three points!" I said,"Okay, it's a deal! It's definitely worth it!"

Later in the evening, when I picked Marisa up from her drama club, I asked her what she did in class. As she told me the events of the evening, I realized that the volume of her voice had definitely gone down. "Wow! You're doing a great job of lowering your voice!" I said. I wanted to make sure Marisa knew that I recognized her efforts. Now I know she is very much aware of her new goal, because when I checked her chart this morning, there were 3 points marked next to the "lower voice" goal for yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment